“This is a great quick meal at any time of the day. Eggs are a fantastic, affordable source of protein, helping our muscles to grow and repair and helping us to feel fuller for longer. Serve your omelette with wholemeal bread and a simple tomato salad for a healthy, balanced meal. ”
- 2 large free-range eggs
- olive oil
- 10 g Cheddar cheese
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then beat well with a fork until fully combined.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up.
- Grate the cheese onto a board and set aside.
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the hot pan, then carefully pour in the eggs.
- Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly, using a fork to swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese.
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
- When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette onto a plate. Delicious with a tomato salad and wholemeal bread.