The Easter bunny went on a little health-kick this year and has decided to trade in his sugar-filled eggs for ones packed with superfoods! Let’s see what’s inside..
Raw Vegan Superfood Easter Eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp finely shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp almond or coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup Use code SAHARA for 40% off ANY order
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp maqui for purple
- 1 tsp blue spirulina for blue
- 1 tsp turmeric for yellow
- In a food processor, combine ingredients except food coloring ingredients. Those go in last. Process until it clumps into a ball.
- Remove from processor and separate into three bowls. Add 1 tsp of each food coloring to each bowl and mix well to get your three colors. Use separate spoons so they don’t intermix.
- Now it’s time to make your eggs. Take about ½ tbsp. of the mixture and place it between your palms, creating a smooth ball. Gently press the sides of the ball to make an egg shape. Place on a plate. Continue shaping until you’ve made all your eggs.
- If you’d like soft, buttery balls, place in the refrigerator. If you’d like firm, melt-in-your-mouth balls, set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Once you are ready for your Easter treat, take them out and enjoy!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Who said you have to use artificial colors to get bright hues?
Skittles? Easter eggs? The world will never know, nor do they need to.
Easter eggs you don’t have to feel bad for polishing off.. They’re practically vitamins.
The Easter bunny loves you and wanted to treat you with something that’ll make you feel just as good after eating it as it does during! I’m just his little messenger.