If I could make anything raw vegan, what would it be?” I asked my dessert-loving boyfriend.
“Key-lime pie,” he responded. Challenge accepted. And since I’m me, it’s obviously going to be sugar-free too (maple syrup and honey included.)
Key-lime pie is a refreshing yet indulgent dessert, with perfect pairing of crisp lemon and creamy filling.
The raw-vegan version is no different, with cashew replacing dairy and Lakanto monkfruit sweetener replacing sugar. It only requires 6 ingredients and best of all.. no oven. As a special gift, I’m offering 40% off ANY Lakanto monkfruit sweetener products with my promo code SAHARA on the website here.
Key-Lime Cheesecake (Raw-Vegan, Keto, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free)
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup Lakanto Maple Syrup – use code SAHARA for 40% off
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- zest of one lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Golden sweetener- use code SAHARA for 40% off
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Maple Syrup – use code SAHARA for 40% off
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2-3 citruses: oranges, lime, lemon, blood orange, tangerine
- 1-2 tbsp Lakanto maple syrup
- 5 tbsp Lakanto Maple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp soy lecithin
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (saved to end)
- Begin by making crumble and dehydrated citrus.
- Crumble: Blend almonds to ground them. Add other ingredients and mix. Dehydrate overnight or bake on 250 for 1 hour, or until crispy.
- Citrus: Thinly slice citruses and coat with maple syrup. Dehydrate overnight or bake in 250 for 1 hour.
- Once you’ve prepared the crumble and citrus, blend all filling ingredients, streaming in coconut oil last. Pour into a silicon mold or baking pan. Freeze for 3-6 hours. Remove and cut into slices.
- The foam is totally optional if you want to make it fancy. Blend all ingredients except grapeseed oil. Strain and blend again, streaming in grapeseed oil so it emulsifies. Blend with an immersion blender or electric foamer to create foam. The lecithin is what makes it foamy.
- Now it’s time to style your plate! I chose a dark plate because I like how the colorful citrus pops out, but the plate color is your choice. I also added some colorful edible flowers because why not?
- Place cheesecake on plate and surround with crumble. Garnish with citrus and enjoy!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
This is the perfect recipe for a Memorial Day party or summer birthday!
Leave me a comment if you make it and let me know how you like it!